Sunday 7 October 2012

That's Novel

Hello,

This week, rather than ramble on again about upcoming gigs (13th at the George IV, 20th at Steampunk Weekend at The Commandery, 27th at Hallowsteam), we feature an interview with our vocalist Linzi. So without further ado...heeeer's Linzi


Instrument(s);
The vocal chords.  Some would say, in combination with a lot of hot air.

Tell me about your musical background;
Linzi; There are loads of CDs on the wall in the background of this room...

Who or what do you consider to be major influences on your music/playing;
Linzi; Darkness.  The void.  Monsters and Demons, Villains and Heroes.  Also the doors, Nick Cave, cats and METAL \m/



Favourite bands/artists/composers – and why;
Linzi; See above.  I like twisty clever lyrics and dark vibes as well as some power in my choons.  I don’t like sappy ballads – everyone does them, and they’re just dull.


What interests do you have in addition to music?
Linzi; I write – my first novel, ‘The Home Front (The Automata Wars)’ has just been published through The Last Line.  It’s a science-fiction with dashes of steampunk and horror.  I’ve also contributed short stories to all three volumes of the ‘Asylum’ steampunk compilations, also published by The Last Line (if you want to know more about my writing and other stuff, you can learn more at my website, where I, too, have a blog…).

I’m also interested in history – currently studying for an MA in West Midlands history.  And I make stuff.  And I’m a sci-fi geek.  And I like chocolate.

Any interesting facts or stories about yourself that you feel people need to know about?
Linzi; I have been enslaved by two cats.  Please send help.
Also still waiting to become the Doctor’s assistant.  I’m sure he’ll turn up one day…

Thanks Linzi.

In case anyone was wondering, we can confirm, that to accompany his spaghetti bolognese Dr Who prefers Dalek bread. Time to get my coat I believe.

That's all (for this week) folks, as ever if you have any comments or questions please get in touch through our Facebook page

Thanks for reading.




1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I got about halfway through and saw you holding a Simon's Cat. That's made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete