Sunday 14 October 2012

Nice to see you...


Hello,



I would like to begin this week by thanking everyone that came to see us at The George IV last night (Alison, Deb, Lisa, Nikki, Chris et al. this means you) and the staff there - Adam, and James for doing the sound. We had a good time, and hope you did too.



Also a very big thank you to Regina Zernay Roberts for the following comment that she made about Crimson Clocks on twitter "A quirky Siouxsie Sioux+electric folk goth+a violinist= @ViktorOrndorff 's Crimson Clocks. Something cool about it.".

As if that wasn't enough, this week we are also suffering from a bout of uncontrollable font (it isn't your eyes, it really does look like that - and there seems to be nothing we can do about it). It's only the 'F' in font that stops us having a bout of uncontrollable Ont though.

Last week we had an interview with Linzi, this week it's the turn of Jo, our multi talented musician. So, without further ado, over to Jo ...






Name;    Jo

Instrument(s);

Violin, oboe and anything else I can get my hands on.

Tell me about your musical background;

Entirely classical, until Linzi recruited me to the dark side.




Who or what do you consider to be major influences on your music/playing;



On the violin, two former teachers, one of whom taught me from the age of 6 to 16 and was a fantastic musician and teacher.  I only took up the oboe a few years ago so I can name a whole range of oboists – both professional and amateur – whose sound I wish I could emulate.




Favourite bands/artists/composers – and why;

Anything Baroque; early 20th century British music; Aaron Copland.  Early REM, The Smiths, The Cure, Radiohead.  More recently, I’ve been enjoying Sheelanagig and Flap for their quirkiness.  So, a bit of a strange mixture really…
           
What interests do you have in addition to music?

I read a lot, I’ve always enjoyed learning languages, and if I could spend all my wages on going on holidays, I would.

Any interesting facts or stories about yourself that you feel people need to know about?                       

            No!

Thanks Jo, and beware of any strange man wearing a hat!.

Next week we will be at the Steampunk Weekend at The Commandery,  followed by Hallowsteam on the 27th.

As ever if you want to comment, or get in touch you can contact us via our Facebook page

Until next time, thanks for reading and we hope to see you soon.


           







No comments:

Post a Comment